Property Management Mission Statement
"Through trust, respect, and integrity it is our goal to build a foundation by which every client will be assured of receiving the individualized representation needed to maxmize the investment in his or her real estate."
Greenbrier Real Estate commences all renting of client’s properties at a reduced cost. We are connected with several local companies for maintenance and repairs and we advertise using local newspapers, the multiple listing service (MLS), yard signs, several online directories, and our website. Additionally, the Greenbrier Real Estate property management team recognizes the need for superior service and quality representation. As such, property owners are guaranteed the following valuable services.
1) Determining a reasonable market rent for your rental.
- By use of the Real Estate Information Network (REIN) as a source of similar homes for rental comparison and years of experience, we determine the most reasonable market rent for your property.
2) Finding a suitable tenant for your property.
- Listing your property's availability on REIN and with NAVY housing at no charge.
- Advertising with the Virginia-Pilot as often as you want (owner billed for this advertising).
- Placing realty "For Rent" sign on property.
- Showing your property to prospective tenants.
- Screening rental applications which entails previous renting experience, verifying income, and Equifax credit check.
3) Collecting rent and forwarding your net proceeds.
- Preparing monthly statements and sending to you by the end of each month with your check for the net rental proceeds.
- Collecting unpaid rents (including five day notice to vacate and court action if necessary).
4) Taking care of property.
- Communicating with you regarding maintenance and repair items, upcoming vacancies, rent increases, lease renewals, etc.
- Routine inspections of the property.
- Contracting various repair and maintenance persons as needed. (Expenses deducted from gross rents).
- Handling emergency situations that may arise.
5) Being available to help you with other real estate needs.
- Our company also provides licensed appraisal services.
- We are licensed to assit you with real estate sales.
- We can help you locate and purchase investment property.
Please feel free to contact our office and speak with the property manager, Thomas R. Thrasher, about any of the above services. We look forward to doing business with you!